Tuesday 6th August 2019
Music, Poems & Prose for Peace and Love
(A Hiroshima & Nagasaki Memorial Event)
6.30 – 8.30 pm
Royal Voluntary Service building, Charles Street, Hanley, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST1 3JP
- The Peace Through Folk choir
- Special guest speaker
- Guest musicians and poets
Bring your poem, song or prose (for peace and love) to read or perform!
Free admission – all welcome
Please use this link for a printable leaflet: Hiroshima v3
We are running a coach to the Stop Trident demo on Saturday 27th February.
The coach will definitely pick up in Stoke at 8.00 am. Other pick-up points may be arranged if required (e.g. Crewe, Keele, Newcastle or Stafford).
To book your seat, you will need to pay in advance. (We are sorry to have to insist on this, but hiring coaches to London is expensive, and we have to pay the coach company in advance.) The cost is £20 per person, or £10 if you are unwaged, or earn less than the living wage. If you are high waged, and can afford it, we ask you to pay £30.
There are two ways of booking and paying.
1. By post. Send a cheque or postal order, payable to ‘South Cheshire & North Staffs CND’, to SCANS CND Peace Centre, Groundwork Enterprise Centre, Albany Works, Moorland Road, Burslem, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST6 1EB, together with your details (see below).
2. Electronically. Make a payment by bank transfer using your internet banking service to South Cheshire & North Staffs CND, sort code 08-90-09, account number 50562019 – and give your surname as the reference so that we can identify your payment. Then send an email to email@example.com confirming that you have paid, and giving your details (see below).
Whichever way you book, please ensure you give us the following details:
– Your name
– The number of seats you are booking, and at what cost
– Where you would like to join the coach (see above)
– Your postal address
– Your email address (we will confirm your booking, and notify any changes, by email)
– Your mobile phone number (in case we need to contact you on the day)
Join us for our Hiroshima Day stall and remembrance On Wednesday 6th August from 5pm outside Hanley Bus Station, Lichfield Street/Lidice Way, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 1RA.
NHS Not Trident Bloc at TUC ‘Save our NHS’ demonstration
11:00 am, 29th September
March from Liverpool Road, Manchester (M3 4FP) to a rally at Whitworth Park
CND is proud to be attending the Save our NHS, defend jobs and services, no to austerity march and rally on 29th September in Manchester.
Join us in the ‘NHS not Trident’ bloc to tell the government that Trident is a deadly and dangerous waste of money, and that those billions would be better spent on health and public services!
Look for the CND banners and supporters with blue ‘NHS Not Trident’ t-shirts and placards!
Want to book transport to Manchester? The TUC website has information on where to find coaches and trains from across Britain on the day.
Join the Facebook event and let us know you’re coming along!
During the week of Tory Party Conference we will also be leafletting around Manchester. If you’re available to help, please contact Greater Manchester & District CND at: 0161 273 8283 or via email
Diary dates for July:
Saturday 13th July
Stafford & Stone CND town centre stall
Market Square, STAFFORD, ST16 2BB. 11.00 am – 1.00 pm
Thursday 18th July
Stoke & Newcastle CND meeting
Peace Centre, Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem
STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST6 3EJ. Car park at rear. 7.00 – 8.30 pm
Friday 19th July
Stafford & Stone CND meeting
Quaker Meeting House, Foregate Street, STAFFORD,
ST16 2PX. 7.30 – 9.00 pm
Friday 26th July
Stafford & Stone CND Benefit Concert
County Staff Club, 77 Eastgate Street, STAFFORD, ST16 2NG.
Featuring The Deacons, Crooked Bawbies, David Jiminez Hughes, Steal the Stars and Dave Doehren. 8.00 pm
Tickets £8: contact Derek Bunce on 07598 214424.
Monday 17th June, 7.15 pm
• Inaugural meeting of Stoke & Newcastle local CND group
• Peace Centre, Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 3EJ
All CND members and supporters in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme are cordially invited to attend this meeting, at which it is hoped to elect an interim committee and establish a programme of activities.