We are running a coach to the Stop Trident demo on Saturday 27th February.
The coach will definitely pick up in Stoke at 8.00 am. Other pick-up points may be arranged if required (e.g. Crewe, Keele, Newcastle or Stafford).
To book your seat, you will need to pay in advance. (We are sorry to have to insist on this, but hiring coaches to London is expensive, and we have to pay the coach company in advance.) The cost is £20 per person, or £10 if you are unwaged, or earn less than the living wage. If you are high waged, and can afford it, we ask you to pay £30.
There are two ways of booking and paying.
1. By post. Send a cheque or postal order, payable to ‘South Cheshire & North Staffs CND’, to SCANS CND Peace Centre, Groundwork Enterprise Centre, Albany Works, Moorland Road, Burslem, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST6 1EB, together with your details (see below).
2. Electronically. Make a payment by bank transfer using your internet banking service to South Cheshire & North Staffs CND, sort code 08-90-09, account number 50562019 – and give your surname as the reference so that we can identify your payment. Then send an email to email@example.com confirming that you have paid, and giving your details (see below).
Whichever way you book, please ensure you give us the following details:
– Your name
– The number of seats you are booking, and at what cost
– Where you would like to join the coach (see above)
– Your postal address
– Your email address (we will confirm your booking, and notify any changes, by email)
– Your mobile phone number (in case we need to contact you on the day)
Join us for our Hiroshima Day stall and remembrance On Wednesday 6th August from 5pm outside Hanley Bus Station, Lichfield Street/Lidice Way, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 1RA.
There will be a series of events in London marking the 3rd anniversary of the Fukushima disaster on 11th March 2011. Find out more on the CND website
NHS Not Trident Bloc at TUC ‘Save our NHS’ demonstration
11:00 am, 29th September
March from Liverpool Road, Manchester (M3 4FP) to a rally at Whitworth Park
CND is proud to be attending the Save our NHS, defend jobs and services, no to austerity march and rally on 29th September in Manchester.
Join us in the ‘NHS not Trident’ bloc to tell the government that Trident is a deadly and dangerous waste of money, and that those billions would be better spent on health and public services!
Look for the CND banners and supporters with blue ‘NHS Not Trident’ t-shirts and placards!
Want to book transport to Manchester? The TUC website has information on where to find coaches and trains from across Britain on the day.
Join the Facebook event and let us know you’re coming along!
During the week of Tory Party Conference we will also be leafletting around Manchester. If you’re available to help, please contact Greater Manchester & District CND at: 0161 273 8283 or via email